As it has been planned by the Directorate General of State Airports Authority (DHMİ), İstanbul Atatürk Airport (AHL) will be transferred to the 3rd İstanbul Airport in 45 hours between 3 a.m. on December 30 to 12 a.m. on December 31.
As of 12 a.m. on December 31, 2018, the AHL will be closed to the scheduled and non-scheduled, domestic and international commercial passenger transportation. The official opening date of the 3rd İstanbul Airport has been announced as October 29, 2018.
As reported by Demirören News Agency (DHA), after İstanbul Atatürk Airport has been closed to commercial passenger transportation, the airport will be allocated to the services of private cargo, general aviation, air taxi, business flights, flights with state aircrafts and traffics approved by the authority.
The flights at İstanbul Atatürk Airport and the 3rd İstanbul Airport during the 45-hour transfer have been scheduled as follows:
Flights during transfer at İstanbul Atatürk Airport (in local time):
* On December 30-31, 2018, İstanbul Atatürk Airport will be open to the transition flights of the aircrafts, whose base is Atatürk Airport.
* Between 3 a.m. and 7 p.m. on December 30, the airport will only be open to the flights of Turkish Airlines (THY), Atlasglobal and Onur Air, whose base is İstanbul Atatürk Airport.
* Between 7 p.m. and 2 a.m. on December 30, the airport will only be open to the THY flights with passengers.
* Between 3 a.m. on December 30 and 12 a.m. on December 31, İstanbul Atatürk Airport will be closed to all flights with passengers.
Flights during transfer at the 3rd İstanbul Airport (in local time):
* As of 12 a.m. on December 31, the 3rd İstanbul Airport will be open to all flights.
* Between 3 a.m. on December 31 and 2 p.m. on December 31, it will be closed to all flights with passengers.
* Between 2 p.m and 7 p.m. on December 31, it will only be open to the THY flights with passengers.
* Between 7 p.m. and 12 a.m. on December 31, the 3rd İstanbul Airport will be open to the THY, Onur Air and Atlasglobal flights with passengers. (TP/SD)
Related bianet News
6 Arrested Airport Workers Released 18 October 2018Six of the 3rd Airport workers, who were previously arrested for having protested ...
Chair of Progressive Construction Workers Union Özgür Karabulut Arrested 05 October 2018Chairperson of the Progressive Construction Workers Union Özgür Karabulut has been arrested. His ...
6 More Airport Workers Arrested 05 October 2018The number of arrested airport workers has increased to 33. Chair of the ...
Number of Arrested 3rd Airport Workers Becomes 27, Petition Campaign Started 28 September 2018A petition campaign has been launched for the release of 3rd Airport workers, ...
24 Airport Workers Arrested 19 September 201824 of the workers, who stopped working in the construction of the 3rd ...
Most Read Today
One More Worker Loses His Life in Construction of 3rd Airport 13 November 2018
Bahçeli: We Wait for Reasonable Explanation for Explosion in Hakkari 13 November 2018