Click to read the article in Turkish
Human Rights Association (İHD) İzmir Branch has 23 people have lost their lives after being hit by armoured vehicles, 6 others have been killed in fire opened from these vehicles and 34 people have been injured in the last 14 months in total.
In its statement, the association expressed its concerns that the number of such incidents could increase due to the impunity policy regarding these crimes.
"The right to life is sacred and it is a right that should be protected regardless of the current regime". It cannot be suspended for any reason, the people accountable for these incidents should be brought to justice. There is no statute of limitation", said the association in its statement and addressed to the practices under the State of Emergency and concerns that these practices could lead to an increase in such incidents. .
29 people lost their lives in 14 months in total
According to the report of Mezopotamya Agency, the armoured vehicle incidents are as follows:
* Mustafa Duman: Killed in Van at the age of 17 on August 30, 2016.
* Naciye Özdemir: Killed in Dersim at the age of 71 on September 6, 2016
* Aydın Tümen, Serhat Buldan, Rahmi Sefalı, Nejdet İşözü: Killed in Yüksekova, Hakkari in October 8, 2016.
* Hakan Sarak: Killed in October 24, 2016 at the age of 5.
* Berfin Dilek: Killed in Dargeçit, Mardin at the age of 7 on February 9, 2017.
* Kerem Aslan: Killed on the Siirt-Batman road at the age of 34 on March 4, 2017.
* Okan İnce, Bahadır Beyazlıoğlu and a person who could not be identified: Killed on March 21, 2017.
* Hatun Elhuman: Killed at the age of 55 on April 27, 2017.
* Sami Uçan: Killed on April 28, 2017.
* Furkan Yıldırım (6), Mehmet Yıldırım (7): Killed in Şırnak on May, 4, 2017.
* Pakize Hazar: Killed Lice, Diyarbakır at the age of 70 on June 14, 2017.
* Mahmut Öner (74), Mevlüt Dağtaş (64), Abdülhamit Dağtaş (63), Fikri Demirbaş (53), Zeynep Demirbaş: Killed in Lice, Diyarbakır in June 2017.
* Remzi Menteşe a child who could not be identified: Killed on the Diyarbakır-Bingöl road on June 19, 2017.
* Sürmi İnce: Killed in Yüksekova, Hakkari at the age of 55 on July 18, 2017.
* Taha Kılıç: Killed in Van at the age of 4 on July 24, 2017.
* Raşid Oso: Killed in Okmeydanı, İstanbul in at the age of 7 in August, 2017.
* Gülten Yaraşlı: Killed Hizan-Tatvan road in Van at the age of 55 on October 19, 2017.
* Felek Batur: Killed in Çal, Siirt at the age of 6 on October 19, 2017.
Related bianet News
5 Year-Old Child Hit by Police Car in Şırnak Dies 25 October 2016Five year-old Hakan Sarak hit by an armoured police vehicle while playing on ...
HRW: State Blocks Investigation into Southeast Killings in Turkey 11 July 2016Human Rights Watch Organization has noted that the Government of Turkey was blocking ...
Civilian Killings Increase by 7,682% in Turkey 27 April 2016Action on Armed Violence suggests 33,307 civilians killed in the explosions all over ...
Life Watch from Human Rights Defenders 25 January 2016İHD İstanbul Branch will make “May killings end, may life prevail” in silent ...
TİHV: At Least 79 Civilians Killed in 29 Days 11 January 2016Human Rights Foundation of Turkey has announced that at least 79 civilians including ...
HRA: 113 Civilians Killed in Clashes 09 October 2015Human Rights Association has expressed that in the clashes between July 24-October 8 ...
Most Read Today
Erdoğan Speaks in US: We Will Launch Operation into East of Euphrates 24 September 2018
Child Hit by Armored Police Vehicle Nine Months Ago Loses His Life 24 September 2018
Man Who Raped Cat Sentenced to Jail but Released 14 September 2018