Click to read the article in Turkish
Having monitored the referendum on the Constitutional Amendment Package Vote and Beyond (Oy ve Ötesi), an initiative aiming for transparency during election processes has released its report on the referendum held on April 16.
Having accessed 94% of the poll protocols and compared its own results with the ones from the Supreme Election Board (YSK), Vote and Beyond has detected that there was inconsistency in approximately 100,000 votes.
Stating that their studies were only based on the Election Law No: 298 and the circulars and decisions of the YSK which organized every step of the referendum in accordance with this law, Vote and Beyond pointed out in its report that the decision of YSK on the day of referendum to consider the unsealed ballot papers valid, contradicted with the Election Law and the Circular No: 135.
The organization also stated that the decision of the referendum had also tarnished the transparency of the referendum and its compliance with the law beyond repair.
The data in the report
The data acquired in the report are as follows:
* Of 166,679 protocols in total, 158,181 were confirmed in T3 - Turkey Protocols Confirmation system.
* Having cross-checked 94.9% of the protocols in total, only less than 40% of the protocols could be cross-checked in Bayburt, Erzurum, Ağrı and Gümüşhane provinces.
* Inconsistency in 99,680 votes in 290 ballot boxes were detected in thorough comparison of the results. This constitutes 0.22% of all valid votes.
Ballot boxes in which there were 100% "Yes" or "No" votes
* "Yes" votes: in 960 ballot boxes / 89,158 votes in total
* "No" votes: in 173 ballot boxes / 6,739 votes in total
Cases in which number of votes used exceed the number of voters
* In 2,397 ballot boxes, more votes were found than the number of voters. (EKN/DG)
Related bianet News
Election Board Denies All Applications Seeking Annulment of Referendum 19 April 2017The Supreme Election Board has denied all applications made by CHP, HDP and ...
OSCE: Turkish Government Doesn’t Cooperate for Investigation into Infraction Allegations 19 April 2017OSCE: It is fixed that YSK’s decision to count unsealed ballots valid contravenes ...
Photographs of Protests Against Unofficial Referendum Results, Election Board’s Decision 19 April 2017Yesterday evening unofficial results of the referendum and the Supreme Election Board’s decision ...
Council of Europe Observer: 2.5 Million Votes Might be Manipulated 18 April 2017Alev Korun from the Council of Europe Delegation of Observers has said “The ...
OSCE: ‘Referendum Took Place On An Unlevel Playing Field’ 18 April 2017Announcing its preliminary findings and conclusions as to the referendum, OSCE pointed out ...
24 Detentions in Unofficial Referendum Results Protests 18 April 2017Unofficial election results were protested last night too due to YSK’s decision to ...
Most Read Today
Man Who Attacked Women in Shorts Arrested 23 June 2017
Solidarity Letter from EP for Journalist Şahin Alpay 23 June 2017